ShortData.co.uk tracks all short positions in UK companies listed on the London stock exchange. All information shown on this site is for information purposes only. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information shown, it should not be relied upon for any investment or trading decisions.
Country of Incorporation
Opinion: No Opinion
Posted: October 17, 2018
RNS Number : 2659E
17 October 2018
Dissemination of a Regulatory Announcement that contains inside information according to REGULATION (EU) No 596/2014 (MAR).
17 October 2018
("CAP-XX" the "Company")
Audited results for the year ended 30 June 2018
CAP-XX Limited, a world leader in the design and manufacture of supercapacitors and energy management systems, is pleased to announce its audited results for the year ended 30 June 2018.
· Sales revenue of A$4.9 million (2017: A$4.1 million), EBITDA loss of A$1.6 million* (2017: A$1.2 million)
· Operational expenditure includes non-cash share-based payment provision expense of A$920K (2017: A$283K) due to the granting of Employee Share Options
· Royalty revenue of A$0.85 million (2016: A$0.66 million) up 29%
· Company announced the development of the industry's first 3 Volt prismatic supercapacitor, with commercial production on track for mid calendar year 2019
· Prismatic sales volumes up 31% on a year-on-year basis. Cylindrical cell supercapacitor revenue is increasing, with first quarter sales in FY19 exceeding the result for the FY18 full year
· Strong sales pipeline consistent with trading update announced in June 2018
· Cash reserves at year-end of A$1.9 million (2017: A$3.9 million)
· New non-exclusive license agreement with TDK Corporation of Japan for a family of CAP-XX patents signed post period end. The royalty paid by TDK will be in line with royalty rates paid by Murata and AVX
· Additional licensing deals remain under discussion and the Board anticipates some of these to successfully close before the end of the current financial year
* Excludes amortisation of employee share options
Anthony Kongats, CEO of CAP-XX said:
"We are delighted to have successfully concluded our negotiations with TDK and anticipate closing further license opportunities during the current financial year. With market interest in supercapacitors for a wide range of applications increasing, we are very encouraged by the widening of our licence portfolio and the increase in direct sales opportunities."
Electronic copies of CAP-XX's audited annual report and accounts for the year ended 30 June 2018 will shortly be available from the Company's website: www.cap-xx.com.